Here’s a photo wrap-up of my little trip to Austin. This town has a reputation for being The Coolest and I’m so glad I finally got to see what all the (well deserved) fuss is about. Highlights include: Hiking up Mt. Bonnell to watch my first Austin sunset, meeting the weirdest (read: Best) locals, Tex-Mex everything, Hey Rosetta! in concert (best random coincidence ever) and, of course, spending quality time with my much missed friends.
My Austin picks:
- JM Dry Goods + Spartan - Beautiful local and imported textiles, jewllery, ceramics and more.
- Laced With Romance - Mix of new and reworked pieces and vintage. Amazing jewllery. I’m a little obsessed.
- New Bohemia - Less pricy Vintage clothing and a HUGE selection to boot. Take your time here.
- Feathers Boutique - Vintage dresses galore and grouped by era.
- Flashback - Huge selection of vintage – healthy men’s section too.
- Uncommon Objects - for treasures.
- South Austin Trailer Park and Eatery (get Torchy’s).
- Elizabeth St. Cafe - Sit on the patio and order a bottle of Stumptown.
- Yellow Jacket Social Club - Scene.
- Perla’s Seafood and Oyster Bar - Possibly the only place in Texas to get a Caesar. Awesome seafood.
- Ruta Maya (Yoga at 8 a.m. Mon-Fri)
- Roadhouse Relics (more on this soon!)
- Barton Springs/Creek - laze for days.
- Zilker Park – Get situated under one of the big trees and people watch.
- A walk/bike/run along the Greenbelt - Apparently it’s flowing for the first time in years right now!
Without further adieu:
(Click on thumbnails to enlarge)